Help / Faq
Welcome to the PRIVATEphotoreview Help / Faq center
How can we help you?
How to write compelling captions?
Provide some context or background to the reader so he or she can understand the news value of the photograph.
A basic photo captions should:
- Clearly identify the people and locations that appear in the photo.
- Include the date the photograph was taken.
- Provide some context or background to the reader so he or she can understand the news value of the photograph.
Be brief. Most captions are one or two short, declarative sentences.
- [File name; Caption]
- VM-2022-09-26-01.jpg; The Balaban & Katz United Artists Theatre in 1961. Chicago, IL
- VM-2022-09-26-02.jpg; Christmas Eve 1953. East 78th Street & 3rd Avenue, New York, NY
- VM-2022-08-21-01.jpg; East 108th Street. September 28, 1959. New York, NY
- VM-2022-08-21-02.jpg; September 13, 1953. Empire State Building, New York, NY
Submit a News about your Photo-Book
After about two days your post will be online and look like this:
Optimize your photos BEFORE uploading
If the photos you submit do not meet the requirements here, your submission will be deleted!
Photo size recommended
Width: min 1200, max 2000 pixels. Height: min 1200, max 2000 pixels.
«Save images for web» BEFORE uploading them
In general, a file (photo) that respects the Image size recommended and is correctly optimized and Save for Web, does not exceed the size of 1 MB.
The total size of the files sent via the “submission form” must not exceed 10 MB.
If the total size of the files you are trying to send exceeds 10 MB, the sending will fail and will be aborted.
Caesium is a free software developed for simplicity and effectiveness.
Caesium is one of the most popular image optimization software available helping photographers, bloggers, webmasters, businesses or casual users at storing, sending and sharing digital pictures.
Photoshop or Affinity Photo: Save for Web
The “Save for Web” tool is a simple and easy way to prepare your JPEG files for the web, helping with the trade-off between file size and image quality (Preset JPG Medium).
Free online services
If you don’t have photo editing software, you can search free online services for image compression and resizing, like this:
If you’re having trouble resizing and optimizing files, contact us and we’ll help.
In case of non-compliance with our “Images, photos guidelines”, your submission will not be considered 😳
- Optimize images before submit
- File requirements
- File type:jpg format (Web Optimized).
- File size: Max 1 MB size. Width: min 1200, max 2000 pixels. Height: min 1200, max 2000 pixels.
- Photo Non-Commercial
- We do not allow photos which contain logos, promotional material, or any other content intended for commercial purposes.
- We only accept clean photographs, with no overlapping lettering, logos or watermark.
To publish your photo essays or news on privatephotoreview, you must first create your account (if you don’t already have it), then you well be able to access the submission forms.
The Thorough File Naming Convention for Contributors
- The initials of the Author Name (First name Last name)
For example, Vivian Maier would have VM initials.
- Write dates back to front.
State the date ‘back to front’, and use four-digit years, two-digit months, and two-digit days: YYYYMMDD or YYYYMM or YYYY or YYYY-YYYY.
- Finally, you need to number your photos. Use two digits at the end of their filename.
The file names would look like:
Find here the incredible story of Vivian Maier.
We do not provide editorial correction services, but we read the texts and if we find errors we try to correct them.
No, in the submission form you will find the text fields where you can insert captions.
Would I be able to change a tag description?
Please use this form to change a Tag Description.
Would I be able to change or remove my old post?
Please use this form to request changes to the content of your Post.
Yes of course, you can submit a news to promote and advertise your photo exhibition.
Please use this form to submit News.
(We accept news submission about Event, International Photo Festival, International Photography Awards, Crowdfunding project, Photo Book, Photo exhibition, Workshop.)