5th to 7th June 2018.
Venue: Via Lavaredo 1, Rome 00137, Italy Map It
More info MAPS
MAPS is proud to announce its first 3-day masterclass “Developing Documentary Photographic Projects” with award winning photographer Justyna Mielnikiewicz & editor and photography consultant Laetitia Ganaye
The programme will offer the 14 to 16 participants an opportunity to refine their photographic practice of developing documentary projects. Photographers with projects at different stages of development are welcome to participate.
Through an intensive schedule – in a intimate and supportive atmosphere – involving :
- group critiques,
- group and individual editing sessions,
- practical exercises
- and inspirational lectures, participants will have an unique experience to enhance their skills with like minded peers and an industry leading photographer and editor.
The masterclass programme will touch upon topics such as:
- how to cultivate ideas and do the research;
- how to write a project proposal;
- how to develop strategies to accomplish long-term goals;
- the importance and practice of editing and sequencing;
- find partners for the production
- how to reach the audiences you intended for your project.
Each participant will be asked to bring with them a portfolio and ongoing project on which they will be given advice and guidance on how they can push the work and their practice forward. Participants will have time for questions and to discuss specific aspects of photography and the industry.
Dates: Tuesday 5, Wednesday 6, Thursday 7 June
Duration: 3 days
Venue: SGarage, Via Lavaredo 1, 00137, Rome, Italy
Class size: 14-16 participants
Skill level: We recommend a minimum of 2 years of experience working as a documentary photographer.
APPLY before MAY 22nd
If you’re interested in participating in this workshop, please send a message to Eefje Ludwig : firstname.lastname@example.org
In this message, we request you to submit a single PDF with the following information:
- Name, address, email, nationality, phone number
- Level of professional experience
- Level of English language
- 10 images representative of your photographic work
short statement about why you’d like to take the workshop (150 words max)
short bio about yourself and your relationship to photography (100 words max)
Upon submitting your application, we request you to pay the workshop fee to our MAPS account. Your participation is assured as soon as we have received the application fee.
Fee : €425, apply between 27 April and 10 May.
The fee does not include travel, lodging, meals or transportation. Coffee and tea breaks are included.
More infos : mapsimages.com