Location: PARIS – SMEDSBY, 52 rue du Faubourg St Martin, 75010 PARIS, France
Workshop Calendar: – One year international web-based workshop May 2016 – March 2017
– Book editing workshop 1st April to 5th April 2016
– Summer workshop 27th June to 1st July 2016
JH Engström and Margot Wallard founded the Atelier Smedsby in 2012, an innovative web-based, one year workshop. Spurred on by their initial success they set about enhancing the workshop.
Using their experience and contacts in the world of contemporary photography, they have developed a supplementary program including seminars, portfolio reviews and short 3-5 day workshops led by world-renowned photographers.
Program 2016 :
– The one year international web-based workshop forms the core of the Atelier Smedsby led by JH Engström and Margot Wallard. This distance learning course includes three individual/group meetings in Paris. Between meetings the participants are expected to report monthly on their progress via Skype. The distinctive feature of the workshop is its year-long duration that allows the participants the opportunity to develop their project and their artistic independence.
– The book editing 5 days workshop with Christian Caujolle is for photographers with an advanced project, the completion of which would be a book or a catalogue, and photographers needing help with the final phase of their book project. You will work on several very important different points of the editorial process: Style, layout, technique, selecting images and their order.
– Summer 5 days workshop with Anders Petersen will be organized around shooting sessions, editing sessions and group discussion. Anders Petersen is one of the best to push people at taking risk in their own work. With this workshop you will definitely move to another level in your photography.
– Intensive 4 days workshop with Michael Grieve is designed for photographers who are at any stage in the process of making a project and wish to find stimulation towards greater visual, intuitive and conceptual coherence in order to realise completion for books and exhibitions. Via lectures, individual and group discussions, participants will benefit from understanding their own work from a fresh perspective, as well as the work of others, that will enable a greater self awareness to realise their personal, long term, projects.
Submitted by Margot Wallard